The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Monday, February 21, 2011

A Brit a Day [#364]


I wasn't feeling particularly inspired today, so I googled 'christian bale harry potter'. The very first thing I came up with was a video that used the techno-pop remix version of the infamous freakout as the score for a HP mash-up. OK, I wasn't too comfortable with that, but you know how Youtube gives you other suggestions after you watch a video....and the rest is history. This is pretty awesome, if you are familiar with Death Note, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart.

I'm really sorry for Christian Bale, in a way, that a moment [or 5] that I'm sure he'd rather forget has been turned into a cultural watershed, but sometimes you just have to lie in the bed you made for yourself.


No comments: