The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Friday, March 18, 2011

A Brit a Day [#389]

It's 1938, and isn't that Governor Stark shootin' craps with the boys down by the state limosine? No, it's Eddie Argos on tour with Art Brut in Chicago a few years ago wearing a second-hand suit. Oops, I did it again.....

You'll be happy to know that I finished reading 'All the King's Men'. So the flow of literary references should stop following Eddie every time he appears in a Brit-a-Day post.

No comments: