The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Brit a Day [#405]

Here is a picture of Alan Rickman in Paris. It would be fun to know what they are all looking at in this photo. Is the woman near him someone he knows, or is she about to look over her shoulder at this handsome man and faint?

My daughter is traveling on the Eurostar train today from London to Paris via the Chunnel. I can't believe the London leg of her journey is already over. I bet she can't believe it either. We haven't heard a peep out of her, but in this family no news is good news, so we can live with that.

No comments: