The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Brit a Day [#756]


Laphroaig distillery has this program called 'Friends of Laphroaig' whereby purchasers of their products can become holders of tiny [square foot] plots of land on the distillery property on Islay, Scotland.  They rent the property back from each 'Friend' for the price of one dram per year--but you have to show up in person to collect.

Anyway, I am one of these landowners [hence, today's brit is an honorary one--me], and Laphroaig has recently made it possible to view the location of one's plot on Google earth.  I captured a birds-eye view of mine and posted it above.  The bay at Port Ellen is on the left of the picture.

No comments: