The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Brit a Day [#4]

Eddie Argos is the frontman for the band Art Brut. This crush broke all the rules: Eddie and I are actually friends now in real life. Eddie's mother and I were born the same year exactly two months apart. What a day of reckoning it is when you realize you are old enough to be your crush's mother. My own mother is a lot like me and understands that it doesn't really matter when all you're doing is appreciating a lovely man. My mom likes to say, "I ain't dead yet."

No comments: