The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Brit a Day [#5]

James Blunt: I understand that he may be a bit of a twit in real life, but how can you not fall for a guy who leads British forces into Kosovo during the UN peacekeeping mission--or something like that--then turns around and grows his hair and beard out and sings 'You're Beautiful' in the rain?
This picture is from around the time that his first album spent 20 years at the top of the UK charts, his album called.....what was it called?

No comments: