The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Brit a Day [#10]


Alex Turner is the lead singer and lyrical genius behind 'The Arctic Monkeys'. Upon hearing the AM's debut album 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not,' I told my husband that the English language just lays down at Alex's feet and does what ever he tells it too. Effortless rhymes in perfectly complex cadences. Alex was at most 18 when he wrote the songs on that first album. Like me, Sean became a huge fan, in fact we are a family of fans. We took my daughter to her first rock show last fall when the AM's were in town.

No comments: