The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Brit a Day [#111]

This is for Thursday.

Yes, it's from 'Lost,' but look at the 'bigger picture' when you look at this picture. I see Saturday afternoon, and I'm walking into the garage. There's my dad and my brother [or dad and my boyfriend] doing what guys do in the garage on a Saturday. Really, look at Terry O'Quinn. Isn't that the posture of your dad when he tried to fix the microwave himself.? Look at Ian Cusick. That's your brother [or your boyfriend] on the day he found an oscilloscope at a yard sale. That's men being men or boys being boys, and you love them more than ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute post sistah!

BTW - I don't believe I've ever seen that pic before and that always thrills me. Thanks!