The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Brit a Day [#188]

This post is for Sunday.

There have been a couple of mighty quakes in my psychological sphere in the last two months, complete with aftershocks. My self-confidence is low, and what I need is to be reassured; I am lucky--my family and close friends provide more than enough love and support to do just that. But we can all use a bit of proof now and then that our more public personae are valued, too.

So this week's theme is going to be The Best Face You Can Put on It. I'm going to have the guys strut their stuff. Starting with Alan Rickman--his beauty transcends a slightly wrinkled suit and gently tousled hair. He has earned every graceful line in that majestic face.

No comments: