The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Monday, September 27, 2010

A Brit a Day [#225]

I barely remember Christian Bale in 'Empire of the Sun' because I really didn't like that movie. There is such a disconnect for me between the child in this picture and grown up Christian Bale, the actor we love today. But the future man's face is there in the boy, the lovely eyes, the beginnings of dimples, the curves of lips and nose that are so distinct.

I would love to have seen him in a TV movie [mini-series?] he made even before 'Empire of the Sun', in which he played Alexei, younger brother to the mysterious Russian Princess Anastasia.

No comments: