The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Brit a Day [#490]

Back from Anime Expo, where I saw a lot of great fan art on Artists' Alley and a lot of great cosplayers absolutely everywhere. As much as I enjoy San Diego's own Comic Con, it's nice to be free from distractions like Leonard Nimoy or Stan Lee walking by.

Doctor Who is quite popular right now, and a surprising amount of the fan art at AX supported that, given that the Doctor isn't an anime character. The lovely piece pictured above was not on display at AX [as far as I know], but I have co-opted this internet artist's work to bring you today's Brit--the TARDIS. She took on human form [in the body of a lady named Idris] in an episode this season called 'The Doctor's Wife' [penned by Neil Gaiman] and charmed the socks off the dear Doctor and everyone else.

No comments: