The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Brit a Day [#1000]

Did you see that number I just typed??  I've now done this blog a thousand times, and I love it as much today as the day I started it.  And it is very appropriate that such a milestone should fall on Henry Ian Cusick's day.  This blog very nearly started as a Henry Ian Cusick appreciation blog, but the Sistahs at LiveJournal's Henry Ian Daily had whipped up such a stellar one that I saw no need to duplicate and quickly revised my plans.  I owe so much to my sistahs-in-Ian for the inspiration or [wait for it]...Ianspiration.

Here's a super sexy picture of the man himself to help us [well, me] celebrate--


A classic, no?

And you'll never guess who was featured in ABAD #1--and it wasn't even called that because I wasn't sure there would be a #2!  It was the beautiful and bewilderingly absent Jason Isaacs--


Here he is looking all dashing and dangerous in a promo shot from Case Histories, but I used a pic in that first post from the film "Passionada" which I still love, as I would love his TV series "Awake" if it was still among the living.  According to Wikipedia, he's filming a couple of projects currently, so all's good for the future of Mr. I.

I've thought about moving this blog to Tumblr in order to reach a larger audience, but I'm not married to the idea.  I like the format here--it's prettier than Tumblr, and it's easy to post and receive comments.  Any ideas on that topic, I'm all ears and happy to hear.  Thanks for reading--on to the next millenium!

No comments: