The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Friday, January 25, 2013

A Brit a Day [#994]

For those of us who have the need to know what Tom Hiddleston is doing on a daily basis, his blog following his travels with UNICEF in Guinea has been a real blessing.  But it was through a tweet from one of his companions that I came across a word that I just had to know the meaning of:  Plumpy'nut. Plumpy'nut is a peanut-based paste in a plastic wrapper for treatment of severe acute malnutrition manufactured by a French company, Nutriset.  Plumpy'nut is doing some serious work in third world countries, and its invention was inspired by Nutella, which makes it all good by me.
You can read about it in the Wikipedia here.  You can link to Tom's diary entries through UNICEF's Authentic Voices blog here.

No comments: