The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Brit a Day [#1128]

[Art from Tumblr.  I'd love to credit the artist if I knew who they were.]

Today's post is for that niche fan who loves James May's 'Man Lab,' and furthermore, loves the almost fatherly interaction that James has with twentysomething Rory Barker.

At normal speed, the clip from the whelk stall experience [below] is endearing, but BeastlyBones of Youtube [whom I found on Tumblr as the lovely Beth: http://themagiciansward.tumblr.com/me] has turned it into something downright adorable.  She writes, "I was trimming for some GIFS and stumbled upon the speed options."

No comments: