The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Friday, June 15, 2012

A Brit a Day [#802]

Tom Hiddleston, David Kross, and Jeremy Irvine from a magazine article about 'War Horse.'

1)  The first thing that pops into my mind when I see this picture is Rob, Chip, and Ernie Douglas from 'My Three Sons.'  I don't feel so much like a prehistoric relic when I talk about old TV shows now that we have Antenna TV on the cable.

2)  Oh my god, Mr. Hiddleston, must you dress exquisitely for every appearance?  This from the man who says his only fashion rule is to "not look like a tit" when he leaves the house.

3)  When you think of the most-oft photographed subjects, you think of the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, Yosemite, the Grand Canyon....there will never be a shortage of new photographs of these wonders.  And why is that?  Because they are timelessly beautiful.  By inference, then, there will never be a shortage of pictures of these three beautiful boys, especially the tall one with the gorgeous smile.

2 comments:

Lu said...

Ah, the tall one with the gorgeous smile, indeed! Another excellent photo, Jane!

Jane is a said...

Thanks! I love that pic.