The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Brit a Day [#950]

I've made no secret of the fact that part of my attraction to Henry Ian Cusick is that he reminds me so much of my father.  My father would have been about Ian's age when I was 8.  My father wasn't much of a crossword doer, but he was addicted to a word puzzle called Jumble that appeared in the newspaper every day.  Here and below, Ian looks like my dad would have, sitting across the den from me, doing his daily puzzle.


No comments: