The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Brit a Day [#51]

Dan Radcliffe and Mike Newell, the director of 'HP and the Goblet of Fire.'

I may have to revisit this topic again. As I said at the beginning of the week, I have a fascination with observing actors and directors at work. There is an interesting power structure in that relationship. The director of any production has the final word on the set. It's his/her vision that is being expressed and fulfilled. But that can't happen without the actor as his conduit. The power, though it is still the director's, ends up in the actors' hands.

I could do a week of posts with just pictures of Daniel Radcliffe and directors.

No comments: