The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hadrian's Wall--part 3

After he stitched up my arm, Dr. Ethan Forester set it gently in a sling. As he was making his final notes in the chart, I sighed "Oh no, I never did get through the window to get my keys. I'm still locked out."

"What are you doing here over the break anyway? Aren't you scared of being in the dorm by yourself?" he asked.

to be continued...

No comments: