The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Brit a Day [#120]

I've really enjoyed this week's posts. The fan art theme is hard for me to let go of. There are so many brilliant examples in my files, I hate to leave so much on the cutting room floor.

Collecting "pictures" as digital files really began with my obsession over Alan Rickman playing Professor Snape. Back in the day, I remember thinking, "Someone really ought to come up with a way to access and sort images that's more useful and attractive than a list of file names. Like, Thumbnails would be nice...." I even purchased software called Scanalog to help me do it. I considered it a business expense since I had hundreds of clippings that I had saved in the course of designing sets that I wanted to scan and store on my computer. Then, at some point, Windows caught up [no, I did not invent Windows 7] and searching for my picture files became a breeze.

OK, that was a serious digression...doing that a lot lately.....ahem. ANYWAY, I've decided to bridge the end of Fan Art Week to tomorrow's Alan Rickman post by filling the weekend with my favorite Snape fan fantasies. There'll be a few more tomorrow...it's a festival!

No comments: