The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Monday, June 28, 2010

A Brit a Day [#143]

For Christian Bale, "American Psycho" would have been an obvious choice and a good choice. But I think the subtle turn he makes in "Laurel Canyon" from angry man to wounded child, from jealous boyfriend to laying his heart open and bare, makes that performance my favorite and thus my pick for his Top of His Game. The last time we see him emerge from the pool there is like a small rebirth, something you suspect his character will have to do again and again.

No comments: