The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Friday, March 1, 2013

A Brit a Day [#1029]

This picture is my wallpaper.  That's Tom Hiddleston playing Lvov in Chekhov's 'Ivanov'--Tom is the tall one in wire-rims--and he is a lovely edition to an equally breathtaking set.  I mean it, I've been staring at this picture with so much professional envy, and not just because Tom is in it.  That play of light on surfaces, interaction of bodies and space, it's every set designer's dream.  And even if you are lucky enough to bring all of that together, you have no idea how hard it is to get a good photograph of it.

No comments: